College Place's wastewater treatment facility is owned by the City and operated by CH2M and presently serves a population of approximately 9,300 residents. Built in 2001, the College Place Wastewater Treatment Plant is a 2-million-gallon-per-day complete-mix activated sludge /sequencing batch reactor plant. Wastewater is delivered to the plant by a collection system.
The plant is located on 430 Owens Rd and is open for guided tours. Please contact our office to reserve a time for your group to tour our facility.
A Department of Ecology Permit Report On Our Plant is located here.
For information on the Wastewater Plant Facility Plan Update, click here.
SW Sewer Collection System General Sewer Plan
Sewer Backup Information
To report a sewer backup during normal business hours, please contact City Hall at 509-529-1200 or willy.breshears@CH2M.com. If this is an emergency after hours, please call the 509-527-1960.
Wastewater System Ban List
Wastewater treatment is a biological process. Never dispose any of the following down your (street) storm drain or sewer (toilet, sink or any drain in the house) to the wastewater/sewer system:
- Excessive amounts of bath or body oils
- Water softener backwash
- Household cleaners, especially floor wax and rug cleaners
- Chlorine bleach, chlorides, and pool or spa products
- Pesticides, herbicides, agricultural chemicals, or fertilizer
- Flammable or toxic products
- State of Washington Department of Ecology: Wastewater Treatment - Information on wastewater treatment from primary permitting agency in the state.
- Environmental Protection Agency: Wastewater Treatment - Information on treatment of wastewater from the federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- Primer on Municipal Wastewater Treatment - Introductory manual on municipal wastewater treatment compiled by the EPA.