Welcome to the City of College Place! We are looking forward to making your project a reality. Our development process is comprised of two steps...planning your project and then constructing it. The Commercial Building Process shown below is generally applicable to all projects, plats and developments brought to the City for review. Contact the Planning Department for more information on the process for your project. Be sure to also review our "Helpful Hints" for moving your project more quickly to construction.
This is a portal for developer's doing work in the City of College Place.
Municipal Code - City of College Place Municipal Code
State of Washington Building Code - Minimum state building code which serves as city's building code.
Key Development Contacts
Mike Rizzitiello - City Administrator (General City Questions, State/Federal Incentives, Financing) Phone: (509)-394-8506 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Rickard - Planning Director (Planning & Zoning Questions) Phone: (509)-394-8524 Email: email@example.com
Paul Hartwig - Public Works Director (Right-of-Way and Utility Questions) Phone: (509)-394-8526 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Gordon - City Engineer (Engineering and Franchise Standards) Phone: (509)-394-8525 Email: email@example.com
Scott Hall - Building (Building Code Questions, Plan Review), Phone: (509)-394-8522 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Links - City Departments
- Building Department - Information on building codes and standards.
- Engineering Department - Information on right-of-way and civil engineering plan standards.
- Planning Department - Information on planning and zoning requirements.
- Public Works Department - Information on utility standards.
General Links - General Resources
- Basin Disposal - Solid waste provider for the College Place area.
- Cascade Natural Gas - Natural gas provider for the College Place area.
- Centurylink - Telecommunications provider for the area.
- Charter Communications - Telecommunications utility serving the College Place area.
- City of Walla Walla - Neighboring municipal jurisdiction. Controls Myra Rd right-of-way between Rose Street and State Route 125.
- Columbia Rural Electricity Association - Electrical and telecommunications utility serving parts of College Place.
- County of Walla Walla - County government in which College Place is located.
- HUD - State of Washington HUD Portal.
- Walla Walla County Auditor - County agency in charge of recording plats.
- Walla Walla County Community Development - Planning and permitting agency for the county.
- Green Tank Irrigation District - Information on water system between Rose and C Streets.
- Pacific Power - Electrical provider serving the College Place area.
- Pocketinet - Telecommunications provider serving the College Place area.
- State of Washington Growth Management - State agency which provides oversight over Growth Management Act activities.
- State of Washington SEPA - Information on the State's Environmental Protection Act process which large scale projects have to go through
- Water District 14 - Information on water system comprising northwest College Place.
- State of Washington Labor & Industries - State agency dealing with workplace safety.
- State of Washington Department of Transportation - State agency dealing with operation and maintenance of roads such as State Route 125.
- Walla Walla Valley Financial Institutions - A listing of financial institutions in the Walla Walla Valley.