Text Size

Utility Billing

Utility Billing


Meters are read approximately at the beginning of the 1st week of the month (around the 6th) during the months of March thru November. During these months you are billed for your actual usage. Due to extreme weather in the months of December thru February meters are not normally read and a minimum bill is sent. In March when the meters are read for the first time, you are billed for the overage water used during those months when the meters are not read. Your bill may be higher if you used above minimum amount. Water and Sewer Rates for 2021 can be found here. 

Pay Your Water & Sewer Bill Online Today Through XPress Bill Pay. 

�€‹Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. These questions are the most typical questions we get in reference to utility billing. If you have a utility billing question that doesn't appear below you can contact us at 509-529-1200 or contact us.

Pertinent Rules pertaining to water & sewer city utilities

  What should I know about my utility account?

  •  Bills are mailed close to the 1st of every month depending where the weekend falls. 
  • The bills are due on the 25th of that month, unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday, then the bill will be due on the first working day after the 25th. 
  • You will be charged a late fee in accordance of Resolution of the City Council if bill payment is late. 
  • You will be mailed a delinquency notice and finally receive a red tag door hanger prior to water shutoff if you have a past due balance. 
How long does it take to receive service? 

Orders to turn on or shut off utilities, if placed before 4:00 p.m., will be completed that day. Public Work's hours are 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please do not turn your own water on. You will be charged an additional fee. You MUST call for assistance.

Where do I send the payment? 

The City offers the following ways to complete monthly utility (water & sewer) payments: 
  • Online through XpressBillPay. 
  • In person at City of College Place City Hall (625 S. College Ave, CP). Office Hours are 8 A.M. to 5 PM Monday thru Thursday and 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. Friday. Closed on the weekends. 
  • Call the City of College Place Utility Billing/Finance Department at 509-529-1200. 
  • Payment drop boxes are located adjacent to City Hall (625 S. College Ave, CP) on the south side of the exit driveway between the Municipal Campus and the Black Cup Coffeehouse or in front of the Lion's Club Building at 801 S. Larch St, CP. 
What if I can't pay bill before shutoff day?

The key to keeping your utility service connected is communication. The sooner you notify us of your problem, the better chance you have of finding some sort of assistance. Waiting until the day your water is to be turned off for non pay does not give very much time to come up with a solution. You are encouraged to contact our office at 509-529-1200 as soon as possible after receiving your bill to discuss payment arrangements. If your services are terminated, there is a fee to have it turned back on.


Brian Carleton
Finance Director 

625 S. College Ave
College Place, WA, 99325
Phone: 509-529-1200
Email: bcarleton@cpwa.us