College Avenue has been paved and striped from the south end of the project up to the north most entrance of the schools, this is just south of the start of the stormwater improvements. Traffic is currently being routed in/out of the schools south via US 125. College Avenue will likely remained closed to through traffic between SE Lamperti/SE Mojonnier and SE Cedar Bend Drive as the CIty has to do some stormwater outfall work at the Stone Creek Crossing per State Dept of Ecology order. The construction press release and map is located here.
Apollo has started procuring material for the stormwater improvements, the pipe and manholes/catch basins are generally readily available and installation could begin within a few weeks. The treatment filters have a 4-8 week lead time. However, they will be installed outside of the paved roadway and can be installed once they arrive.
The main focus over the next month is planned to be on the installation of the lift station pumps, piping/valving, installation of the pressurized sewer pipe up SW Teal Ln to connect to the gravity sewer in Mojonnier Rd, and construction of the electrical building. The plan would be to install the stormwater pipe and structures in College Avenue simultaneously once they arrive as well.
Mid August 2021 Update
Late April 2021 Update
March 2021 Update
Public Works Director Mr. Robert McAndrews
Press Release - S College Ave Temporary Closure (7-13-2021)
Press Release - SW Mojonnier Rd Temporary Closure (5-10-2021)
The Southwest Wastewater Trunk Line will provide needed wastewater system capacity for South College Place going from the Commercial Drive area, through Meadowbrook, Harvest Meadows, and the recently annexed property across from College Place High School. Wastewater will be conveyed west to the City's Wastewater Treatment Plant. A new lift station will be constructed on city-owned property on Teal Rd to replace a temporary, outdated, at capacity lift station at the southeast corner of College Avenue and Lamperti Street. J-U-B Engineering with the assistance of PBS is completing final engineering plans for the project. This project has appeared in the city's six-year Capital Facility Plan since 2018. This project is out to bid in December 2020. Construction will take place throughout Fiscal Year 2021. It is being financed through a combination of USDA-Rural Development Grant and Loan Dollars, State Department of Ecology Grant/Loan Dollars, Port .09 Grant, and Wastewater Utility Funds. The estimated cost of the project is around $7.5 million dollars.
- City Council: January 23rd, 2018 SW Sewer Plan Update RFP
- City Council: August 14th, 2018 SW Area Sewer Plan Update
- City Council: August 28th, 2018: SW Area Sewer Grant Funding Applications
- City Council: January 22nd, 2019: Authorization to advertise for design of SW Sewer
- City Council Workshop: February 5th, 2019: MOU for SW Sewer Engineering
- City Council: February 12th, 2019: MOU for SW Sewer Engineering
- City Council Workshop: April 2nd, 2019: SW Sewer Lift Station Design Presentation
- City Council: April 9th, 2019: SW Sewer Engineering Award
- City Council Workshop: September 3rd, 2019 - SW Sewer Lift Station Property Acquisition
- City Council: September 10th, 2019: SW Sewer Lift Station Property Acquisition
- City Council: September 24th, 2019 SW Sewer Property Purchase Agreement
- City Council Workshop: January 7th, 2020 SW Sewer Update
- City Council: February 25th, 2020 CERB Prospective Development Grant Application
- City Council Workshop: May 5th, 2020 SW Sewer Update
- City Council: June 23rd, 2020 Accept CERB Grant Offer
- City Council: July 14th, 2020 SW Sewer Public Meeting (Ecology/USDA-RD)
- City Council: July 28th, 2020 SW Sewer Award Construction Engineering
- City Council: August 4th, 2020 USDA-RD Grant SW Sewer Offer Acceptance
- City Council: August 25th, 2020 Port .09 Grant Offer
- City Council: November 24th, 2020 SW Sewer MOU Addendum 1
- City Council: January 12th, 2021 Award SW Sewer Construction to Apollo Inc
- City Council: February 23rd, 2021 Department of Ecology Grant/Loan Agreement
- City Council Workshop: March 2nd, 2021 SW Sewer Construction Update
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file type:
Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Please click on one of the categories below to see uploaded documents.
Legal Documents 6 documents
This document governs the relationship between the City and property owners surrounding the engineering phase of the project.
This is the Memorandum of Understanding between the City and property owners pertaining to construction phase of the SW Sewer project.
Acquisition of five acres for wastewater lift station on SW Teal Rd.
This document governs the permanent easement for the Southwest Wastewater Trunk Line.
This document dedicates easement for the Southwest Wastewater Trunk Line from the Christianson's
Appraisal for Five Acres Needed for Lift Station
Grant Documents 6 documents
Document detailing financing for the Southwest Wastewater Trunk Line
Signed form to begin work to accept grant/loan
USDA-RD Grant Document
Intent to File USDA-RD Grant Resolution
Grant Agreement for SW Sewer
Engineering 4 documents
This document is the Southwest Sewer Facility Plan Addendum to the City's Wastewater System Plan
This is the SEPA document for the Southwest Wastewater Trunk Line
Updated engineering alignment through College Avenue.
Cultural resources report for Southwest Wastewater Trunk Line Project
Construction 2 documents
Construction Contract with Apollo Inc.
Draft Construction Schedule put together by J-U-B Engineers and Apollo Inc as of February 26th, 2021