College Place's wastewater treatment facility is owned by the City and operated and managed under a contract with Jacobs. The facility serves a population of approximately 9,775 residents. Built in 2001, the College Place Wastewater Treatment Plant is a 2-million-gallon-per-day complete-mix activated sludge /sequencing batch reactor plant. Wastewater is delivered to the plant by a collection system. Currently the facility treats approximately 950,000-gallons-per-day.
TREATMENT PLANT VIRTUAL TOUR
The plant is located on 430 Owens Rd and is open for guided tours. Please contact our office to reserve a time for your group to tour our facility. The City's wastewater system is separated into collection and treatment.
A Department of Ecology Permit Report On Our Plant is located here.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility Plan
Adopted General Sewer Plan
Draft Port of Walla Walla/City of College Place/City of Walla Walla WWTP Consolidation Report
Sewer Backup Information
To report a sewer backup during normal business hours, please contact Mr. Paul Olson - Project Manager for Jacobs: (509)-529-2859 or email@example.com. If this is an emergency after hours, please call the 509-527-1960.
Wastewater System Ban List
Wastewater treatment is a biological process. Never dispose any of the following down your (street) storm drain or sewer (toilet, sink or any drain in the house) to the wastewater/sewer system:
- Excessive amounts of bath or body oils
- Water softener backwash
- Household cleaners, especially floor wax and rug cleaners
- Chlorine bleach, chlorides, and pool or spa products
- Pesticides, herbicides, agricultural chemicals, or fertilizer
- Flammable or toxic products
- State of Washington Department of Ecology: Wastewater Treatment - Information on wastewater treatment from primary permitting agency in the state.
- Environmental Protection Agency: Wastewater Treatment - Information on treatment of wastewater from the federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- Primer on Municipal Wastewater Treatment - Introductory manual on municipal wastewater treatment compiled by the EPA.